Active Week West Virginia is an initiative of the West Virginia Physical Activity Network (WVPAN) which aims to increase physical activity in West Virginia.
In partnership with a number of individuals and organizations around the state, WVPAN assists communities in creating the culture needed to guide West Virginians into a more physically active lifestyle, to improve health and quality of life.
WE AIM TO:
- Provide a directory of physical activity groups around the state.
- Connect people with resources to start their own physical activity initiatives.
- Help communities organize great events to get people moving.
- Share amazing stories of what’s already happening around physical activity in West Virginia.
- Try This WV – the idea for the WVPAN was launched at Try This 2014!
- Active Southern WV
- WV Bureau for Public Health, Division of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease
- WV Community Development Hub
- WV Physical Activity Plan
- WV School of Public Health
Check out all the latest news about physical activity and health
initiatives happening right now in West Virginia!